Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I know I am a groomer when....

•My dog’s nails are better cared for than mine

•I can’t remember the last time I went to the hairdresser, but I can’t stand it if I see a stray hair on a dog.

•I come home from work and my dogs sniff me like their favourite tree

•I have complete conversations with my dogs

•I pat someone’s dog and catch myself feeling for matts

•I see a good-looking guy walking his dog in the park and I’m checking out the dog’s haircut

•I spend half an hour each evening picking the dog’s hair out of my elbows, arms, etc.

•I place the value of a retail item based on the number of dogs groomed to make that amount of money e.g. ” That outfit is too expensive, it’s a four dog suit.”

•I catch myself growling when I’m angry

•My dog has a better haircut than I do

•I recognize the dog in the street before the owner

•My client’s dogs come to visit me without their owners

•Unless someone barks or meows I don’t hear them

•People that come into the shop judge how busy we are by the amount of hair in the bin, on us and on the floor

•I refer to my dogs as the “kids”

•Weekends are one day in length and even then someone calls you to see if you can do his or her dog today

•I find hair in places I didn’t know I had places

•I drop a pair of scissors and I cringe

•I know to aim the anus away from my face

•I know that the most annoying feeling is a hair splinter

•I get really excited at trade shows

•I have all the necessary gear at home to do touch-ups on my own dogs

•I have the right answers for my friends’ pet problems

•I advise friends on what breeds’ to/not to consider buying based on how each breed tends to behave while being groomed

No comments:

Post a Comment