Friday, April 29, 2011

Cat Grooming School - Day 4

I can't believe I am nearly finished the first week of this course and I have learnt so much!
Today was all hands on and we all had 3 cats to groom. My first cat was a white long haired domestic who was pretty easy to get along with. Danelle wanted me to do 2 lion cuts and a comb cut (which is just the same as a lion cut but you leave the coat longer)

My second cat was a flame point Himalayan. (I have to learn all the fancy cat colours- exam next Monday!) Himalayans are know to either be nice or very very nasty, I was lucky I got a nice one! The face was really disgustingly dirty and you can see the difference I made. This was a lion cut but with a Persian you need to trim up some of the face, pluck hair to define the cheeks and trim the ears - so this was my first go and I think it looks alright!
My third cat was a VERY overweight Tortie domestic long hair named "Mommy" lol. Torties are often known as "Naughtie Torties" due to their attitude and being very difficult to handle. Imagine my excitement when I looked in to the crate to see I had a fat one to do! It was hard to get a hold on her and I had to be careful during the whole process as overweight cats can have health issues and cause them to get very sick quickly! Again I did a lion cut and it was a bit tricky as it is very hard to get a hold on an overweight cat.



For this one I did the lines myself and didn't need to fix much with the finishing inspection so I was pretty happy with that!



Tomorrow is more grooming then presentation of our breed of choice and our temperament handling exam. Hopefully I can remember everything!

1 comment:

  1. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn lots
    of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    Stop by my web site how to tell if an guy likes you

    ReplyDelete