Monday, April 25, 2011

Cat Grooming School - The lead up


I received my study material for the cat grooming course at the beginning of the week, well 4 days before my flight left for the US. It was a little overwhelming as there is a "recommendation" that students read through the material and study before the course starts. That's fine - but with only a few weeks notice this has put me behind a bit but I am hoping that the knowledge I have of cats already will help me!!
I have read through most of the material so far and am very excited about the course. I can't wait to learn the hands on skills on how to provide this great service. I am certainly looking forward to the techniques we will learn on how to do it safely. I did notice that one of the recurring themes through the literature is - Never trust a cat and cat grooming is dangerous!! Hence the reason I want to learn the safest way for me to do it for my benefit and all the cats!

I have found myself in Greenville, South Carolina after 30 hours of travelling (thanks to my husbands FANTASTIC travel arrangements!!) and have prepared myself as much as possible for the course which starts tomorrow. I even took a tour of Greenville in my hire car and didn't drive on the wrong side of the road. Getting used to the road rules though is a bit disconcerting, turn right on a red light - great, but I feel naughty :). Also Google maps needs to make sure its directions say the correct turn as a few times I have taken a right when it should have said left and ended up in some run down parts of town - bit scary!

The town is very pretty with lovely big trees everywhere. There are squirrels running all over the place which is kind of cool. It does take some getting used to seeing advertisements for guns with pictures of guys with their kills (one was a leopard) thrown proudly across his shoulders. For an animal lover this was a bit of a shock!

I am hoping for a good nights sleep so that I am refreshed and there is nothing hindering me for the first day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment