Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cat Grooming School - Day 10

Final day of Cat Grooming School. Today was a more relaxing affair. The morning was spent with Danelle teaching us more of the business side of cat grooming. It was very interesting and I can't wait to get back and put things into practice.
One thing she has talked a lot about during the whole course is there is a misunderstanding that cats groom themselves. Educating people that cats actually don't groom themselves, they lick themselves and rearrange the dirt and hair throughout their coats is going to be one of the most important things. I'll be honest, I used to be one of those people who thought cats didn't need grooming and that they groom themselves. I have been enlightened and I have seen the amazing result first hand!

After a FANTASTIC lunch prepared by Dana, some real good southern cooking, we did some final shopping for supplies and then it was time to say goodbye and take some photos. The photo above is most of the participants of the course with Danelle and her daughter Olivia who was one of the instructors. Olivia has been grooming cats since she was about 8 and there is no cat she can't handle! She is also pretty keen to come out to Australia and she just might become a part of the Nose 2 Tail Pet Care team, but she only grooms cats!


It is official and I have the above certificate to prove it. I am Australia's first Certified Feline Master Groomer. If you look at the numbers on the certificate it says 1.1.64 These numbers mean I am number 1 in Queensland, number 1 in Australia and number 66 in the world. There are a lot of people in the world, so I am pretty happy to be the 66th CFMG!

Now I am preparing for my LONG trip home but I'm actually looking forward to this time. It will allow me to start planning all that needs to be done in preparation for offering cat grooming in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment