Friday, May 6, 2011

Cat Grooming School - Day 9

Well that was one full on day. We had 2 exams first up feline health & anatomy and business management. I was pretty happy to get 90% on both exams!! I was also very happy to have them out of the way.
After checking through the books to see the answers for the questions I was sure I got wrong, it was upstairs for some serious kitten cuddling. There were some really cute kittens from the Humane Society and I was very tempted to smuggle this little one back home with me.



What a cutie he was.


A hand full of the cutest little kitten!

Then it was time to move onto the serious stuff. I had a comb cut, lion cut variation and a face trim to pass to get my certification. I also had one grumpy HUGE Birman to do 2 of the 3 on!

Before - he is staring at the cat on the other table - pretty sure he was keen to get over there and tell them who was boss!

After a nail clip and sanitary clip (and a nice big scratch to my hand!!) it was time to get this grumpy boy into the bath. Once in the bath he was pretty well behaved, which is quite common for the grumpy ones. The water seems to calm them down.


He settled down in the dryer after a while and just sat back and enjoyed the attention. I was able to remove some matting on his back and around his back legs. Had to be quick though as he wasn't the most helpful of cats!

After the bath and blow dry! He turned out to be such a pretty boy with a lovely coat. I really didn't want to cut his coat, but I needed to so I could pass my course. :(


After the comb cut (leaves the coat about 1.5cms long) This is the same length we do for our dog clips which is the next step up from our summer clip. I like this length.

An action shot of me getting out of his range quick smart! This cat had me on edge as it was my final cat and I needed to get things right to pass.

Don't think he was overly happy with this look, so I quickly moved on to the lion clip variation. The lion clip variation is the same as a lion clip but we can do some variation. I had big plans with this, but because of the temperament of this boy I had to be boring and just leave the tail longer than normal.


Lion clip variation - the tail is left longer, normally it is shaved down.

At the end of the day all practicals and written exams are passed and I am now Australia's first Certified Feline Master Groomer! WOW. It feels good to have passed everything and I am happy with how I went.

Tomorrow we head back to class and learn more about the business side of things. I can't wait. Who'd have thought that we would be offering cat grooming at Nose 2 Tail Pet Care. I certainly wouldn't have thought it 6 months ago. Looking forward to meeting all our new cat clients and meeting the cats from our existing clients!

1 comment:

  1. i got problem brushing my cats teeth, in here it helps me a lot it gives me idea on what to do on brushing teeth on my pets

    ReplyDelete