Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cat Grooming School - Day 6

Day 6 started out with an exam first up on breeds and colours. After a fair bit of study I was pretty confident going into the exam and was happy with my result of 91%. We also got our results from our temperament and handling exam last week and I was very happy to get 100% on that one (was a bit surprised but happy!)
After the exam it was straight into grooming.

This is C2 and she had horrible eyes. After the bath and blow dry she came up shimmering white and everyone was happy to touch her again. I will say she is the BEST cat I have ever groomed - however she is Danelle's demo cat and she baths her every week, so I expected her to be pretty easy. C2 knew that she was pretty again as she went around and tried to get onto everyone's laps for a cuddle.


I also had Diddle to groom and he is a Manx cross. Very happy compliant happy boy. I gave him a bath and blow dry, a de-shed treatment to remove his loose hair and then it was time for another lion cut. He was a little touchy around his stumpy tail, but most of the time he behaved himself.



The third cat I did was Tiger who I was told had scratched up Liz (one of the schools groomers) on his last trip in. He has a yucky coat full of grease and fleas so his coat came up lovely after his bath and blow dry. I also gave him a de-shed treatment and got lots of excess hair out of his coat which I am sure his owners are going to appreciate!

I was happy to get quite a few of my practical exams out of the way. Tomorrow I will probably go for a lion cut exam and probably a face trim. Wish me luck!

I am quite enjoying the aspects of cat grooming and it is a nice change to grooming dogs. I can't wait to offer the service to our customers on my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment